frankly, most vegan lasagne, manicotti, stuff shells, etc recipes are gross.
they use a plain old tofu and nutritional yeast combo to mimick the ricotta in the recipe.
who are they trying to fool?
its not creamy or cheesy... just... blah.
i add tofutti cream cheese to my mixture... it really helps with the flavor.
* one tub of extra firm tofu
* a tub of tofutti cream cheese
* a few spoonfuls of nutritional yeast, to taste
* sea salt, to taste
* a drizzle of lemon juice (optional)
* garlic, to taste
* basil and oregano to taste (you dont need a whole lot!)
* a drizzle of oil oil (helps with mixing it all together)
mix it all together! you add just enough olive oil to make the mixing process a little easier.
the lemon juice is optional-- just gives it that wee bit of zing, but i don't always have lemons on hand (oh noes!) and it tastes fine without it.
trust me, this will give new life to your bland and boring tofu lasagna recipe!