Sunday, November 18, 2012

holidays: roasted green beans

i am not very fond of green bean casserole-- 
but i am willing to try any recipes of a vegan version 
if you wanna throw some my way 
(hint hint, email me)

anyways,  

our version of holiday green beans is simply tossing them with a few ingredients 
and throwing them in the oven.

its simple, tasty, and cheap =]

SIMPLY ROASTED GREEN BEANS 

(once again, no exact measurements!)


 

ingredients
  • whole green beans, fresh
    (ends removed and washed of course)
  • olive oil
  • green beans
  • sea salt
  • fresh cracked black pepper
  • garlic
    (you can use fresh and minced or garlic powder)
  • optional: smoked paprika


directions
  • preheat oven to 325*
  • in a casserole dish or rimmed cookie sheet, toss your beans with olive oil, sea salt, garlic, and pepper. you don't need a ton of olive oil... just a light drizzle for flavor and to make the other ingredients stick.
  • bake in the oven for approx. 20 minutes until the green beans are tender and have some light golden brown spots. 
  • optional... sprinkle some smoked paprika on top before you serve 'em!



5 comments:

  1. Oh that looks so good! I would definitely have to add the paprika as my whole family are huge fans. I admit I love green bean casserole. I figured out it is the fried onions that I love the most about it. Well that and the mushrooms (loved mushrooms especially canned...I know most people say ick to canned but I love them). I'll have to look around to see if I still have any vegan green bean casserole recipes. I used to be vegetarian so I have a ton of cookbooks. I'll have to pull them out of the closet and look :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I see someone else said paprika, but trying smoked paprika would really make this dish, too, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually made this just last Christmas for the same reason - I didn't want anymore ho-hum green bean casserole. I just sliced up fresh garlic to roast with it, instead of mincing. Will try it with the paprika next time though!!

    ReplyDelete