tired of not being able to eat your aunt's "famous mashed potatoes" at the family holiday dinner
because they are loaded with butter and heavy cream? then make your own "famous" VEGAN mashed potatoes!
knock your aunt's recipe outta the park!
VEGAN SMASHED POTS
(once again, no exact measurements!)
- your favorite potatoes cut into cubes for easy mashing
- (we use yukon gold!)
(other flavors of vegan mayo do not taste as good in this...)
- soy creamer
(original, not vanilla)
- vegan margarine
(you can use fresh and minced or garlic powder)
- onion powder
- sea salt
- optional ingredients: chives, scallions, dried parsley, vegan bacon bits
(if you are sticking to a gluten free version, don't use the bacon bits)
- boil your potatoes in salted water, then drain.
- mash your potatoes!
- mix approx. 1/4 cup of vegenaise and 1/2 cup of soy creamer into your mash.
- add a small amount of vegan margarine for a buttery taste... just a few pads usually will be enough.
- taste! add sea salt, onion powder, and garlic to you and your family's liking. we like lots of garlic! add other spices or ingredients that you may want =]
- if you want your mash creamier, add more vegenaise and soy creamer until you find that magic texture! we like our potatoes fairly creamy, but really thick like concrete, haha!
note: if you don't have vegenaise, tofutti better than cream cheese is also a tasty option! just soften it a little bit before you try to mix it in!