Sunday, November 18, 2012

what do you mean, it's not vegan?! : worcestershire sauce






today's culprit...

WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE



whaaaaat? what the hell kinda animal product would be in this?

ANCHOVIES.

fishies? 
quite a few vegan i have spoken to did NOT know
that this was a typical non-vegan condiment.
and it is used in a LOT of recipes.

but there are SOME brands that are vegan!
annie's naturals, wizard's, some trader joe's varieties,
edward and son's, robbie's worcestershire,
biona, kroger brand, world harbors,
kikkoman delicious sauce,
wa jan shan...

or make your own!
check out a recipe for vegan worcestershire on
martha stewart! 






so there you have it folks... 
read the labels!





5 comments:

  1. That's crazy! I had no idea, and I know a lot of people who are vegan and have probably been eating it without knowing!

    I'm not vegan or vegetarian, but anchovies....gross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this problem whenever I go to my dad's house. He puts worcestershire sauce on everything he cooks. And he never understands that I won't eat it then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My father used this all the time when I was growing up. I knew it had anchovies in it but was surprised for sure when I first saw that.

    ReplyDelete